1. How would you describe your photography style?
I have a photojournalistic style of shooting and a classic look. This means that I will follow you throughout your big day to capture all of the little details that you worked endlessly to perfect. It allows me to capture the small moments, the personal ad intimate glances, as well as the most exciting, dramatic parts of the day! I strive to capture a timeless look, so that you and your new spouse will be able to treasure your collection for years to come. I was taught on film and combine that knowledge with the ways that I have learned digital photography over the years, to ensure that you receive the best memories from your day.
2. Can I see the proofs for a full wedding you have shot?
Certainly! Check out http://www.ewp.pixieset.com and login to the client area to view my most recent collections.
3. What kinds of photo edits/post-production work do you include as part of your service?
The images in my portfolio and on my website will give you a good idea of what our editing looks like.
4. How long after the wedding can I expect to see my proofs?
Your entire gallery is guaranteed to be delivered in 6 weeks or less, post wedding. I strive to deliver my images promptly, since I know how excited you will be to see your day in review! I try my hardest to post sneak peaks via social media within 72 hours.
5. Could you explain exactly what is included in your package(s), and can we customize one to fit our needs?
Of course! Each one of my packages is custom built to meet your needs. Each package is based on hours of coverage + location, so we will work together to find what is best for your special day.
6. How much would it be for additional hours of coverage if things run late or if our plans change?
I charge $125/hour for additional hours of coverage.
8. Do your packages include a second photographer?
A second photographer can be added for $100/hour.
9. Can I see a contract?
Yes! I’ll be happy to show you what my standard contract looks like, and you will be able to thoroughly review your own specific contract before you sign or pay.
10. What is your policy if you become injured or ill and can’t photograph the wedding?
There are two possibilities in this situation, both of which are explained in my contract. The first is that I will make every effort to find a suitable replacement. I have a wide acquaintance with the talented and dedicated photography community in my area, and I am confident that I could find a replacement who would do an excellent job. The second option is: if you don’t wish me to find a replacement, I will refund your payment so that you can make alternate arrangements.
What other questions do you have? Feel free to leave comments below and I will do my best to respond to each one!